Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm Officially a Student Pilot!!!

As you can see it's been a while since I posted here. I haven't flown since 2009 and I'm back! I've got 17.2 hours spread out over the years starting in 2003. I've just never had the money to keep going. This time... I think I'm good to go!

Two weeks ago I went to Chandler Air Service at my local airport to inquire about starting up my flying again. The instructor that I talked to was very nice and told me that I would probably have to start fresh since my flying time is so spread out. This information wasn't a surprise to me. He did advise me to go get my 3rd class medical which I haven't ever done.

I passed my medical with flying colors, which wasn't really an accomplishment to be honest. The doctor checked that I could see, hear and breath, and I was out the door with my medical and my brand new student pilot certificate! For some reason that tiny piece of paper saying I'm a student pilot makes it feel a little more real this time around.

It's been almost two weeks since I've been to the airport to talk to the instructor and I still haven't been contacted. He said that they have meetings to assign instructors to students on Tuesdays and today is the 2nd Tuesday since we've talked. I'm getting a little frustrated by the lack of communication and have started looking elsewhere for instruction. If the communication is this bad just trying to get some instruction... what am I to expect when I actually start?

No matter where I end up getting my instruction, I'm very excited to get started! This time I'm going all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment