Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Flight Tommorow

So It has been about a week and tomorrow is my first flight. I doubt I will get much sleep tonight just thinking about it, but it doesn't help that I have to work from 0500 to 0900 before my 1000 flight lesson. Oh well, after that I can come home and relax. Tonight I will review everything for tomorrows flight. I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be just absolute basics. Pre-flight, taxi practice, takeoff, 4 fundamentals of flight (climbs, descents, turns, and straight and level flight). Hopefully we can do some touch and go's if we have time. I am pretty sure I will be able to master the 4 fundamentals within a couple flights. I may be cocky but I think I can do it. I just have to remember right rudder in a climb and left rudder in a descent. In a turn it is rudder in the direction of the turn. Seems simple from the ground and in my head, I'll find out tomorow if it is that easy. I'm pretty nervous about talking on the radio, it is something I have never done, but from what I've read (and I've read a lot) most pilots are a little aprehensive about it the first few times, then it becomes natural. I don't think my instructor will throw that on me the first flight, but I don't know for sure. Aight, time to go review for tomorrow. I will back to update you about tomorrows flight. I'm sure you can't wait to see how it went!! lol..


~Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment